Joy B Fitzgerald Inc
2207 Adventureland DR
PO Box 366
Altoona, IA 50009
P (515) 967-5114
F (515) 967-7641
Hours M-F 8am-5pm
Closed Major Holidays
Blog Index
The journal that this archive was targeting has been deleted. Please update your configuration.

Temporary Fuel and Trip Permits

The Joy B Fitzgerald Inc. staff can help take the frustration and hassle out of the process of ordering temporary permits. Our temporary-permit staff can make ordering temporary permits an easy, cost-effective process.

Types of permits available include:

  • Trip Permits -- When traveling to a state in which a vehicle is not registered under IRP, a temporary trip permit is needed for that state.
  • Fuel Permits -- When traveling to a state in which a vehicle does not hold an IFTA decal and license, a temporary fuel permit is needed before entering that state.
  • Over-Dimensional and Overweight Permits -- If a vehicle is over-dimensional (oversize) or overweight, a temporary permit is needed. This permit authorizes movement according to vehicle configurations and weight and contains routing information, travel regulations/restrictions, and safety requirements.

Whether you're a private, for-hire, or specialized carrier, we can handle all your temporary-permit needs.

If you need further assistance or explanation of temporary fuel and trip permits or have additional questions about fuel-use-tax records, please contact us.